Somehow I got too excited as I was updating my posts and I managed to skip the entire month of October. I also missed Ryan's stitches and a trip to Denver. I will start with that story since it was actually in September that that occurred.
Ryan's Stitches
So on the afternoon of September 13, 2012, the kids and I had loaded up in the van and had driven the very short drive over to North Platte Jazzercise so that I could go work out and Nolan could play with his friend Taleigh. Her mom also works out.Right as we had pulled up and turned off the van, my phone rang. I answered it, wondering why Ryan would be calling, and was informed that Rick was taking him to the ER to get stitches. Instead of working out, the kids and I drove over to the ER and met up with Ryan and Rick there. It was a some what yucky sight that met our eyes. Ryan had blood smears all over his face. You could see were the blood had run down his nose and there was blood on his shirt. He also had quite a bit of blood on his hands. After Ryan got checked in to the ER, he was able to tell us what had happened.
Ryan was working on a car and had it up in the air. He was using a giant wrench to loosen up a bolt and the wrench slipped and slapped him on the forehead. He was hit hard enough that he all but fell down. He thought, at first that it wasn't that bad, but then he went up to the bathroom and saw how bad it was, so Rick took him to the ER. By the way, Rick is the service manager at Firestone and a really nice guy.
The ER doctor came in and gave Ryan about 9 stitches. I did not watch. In case you have forgotten, I HATE needles. Nolan and Shelby, on the other hand, thought it was so cool and watched every stitch. After we got home, Nolan wanted to have stitches too, so Ryan gave him some temporary stitches.
 |
| The boys and their matching stitches |
Denver Temple 22 September 2012
The only weekend that we were able to go to the temple in September, the Winter Quarters Temple was closed. It was kind of nice to be able to go to the Denver Temple for a bit of a change. The nicest part was that they had padded chairs for doing initiatories. It was also, nice for the kids to get to go to a different temple. It was a beautiful day so we enjoyed roaming the temple grounds.
 |
| Nolan had fun playing in the grass |
 |
| Shelby pulling trains in the grass |
 |
They thought it was pretty neat that they
could take a picture with Jesus |
 |
| The Denver Temple |
 |
| The kids really liked the benches behind the temple |
 |
| Shelby at the bride's bench |
 |
| They wanted to get in the fountain in front of the temple |
 |
| They can't wait until they actually get to go in |
After enjoying some time at the temple, we were able to go and visit our cousin Heather and her girls, who had just moved to Denver. We had a nice dinner and visit and then drove home.
First Snow
After a ridiculously hot summer and next to no autumn, we had our first snow on October 6. This was also the day of General Conference. The kids were really excited to see the snow even if it didn't stick.
 |
They would have gone out without their
coats if I would have let them |
 |
Shelby wasn't too sure what to do once she
got out in the snow |
 |
| Nolan was just thrilled to be getting snowed on |
 |
| Nolan had to dust off the jeep on his way to get in the van |
Halloween
Well, for Halloween this year, we were going to be toiletries. Ryan was going to be a toothbrush, Me some tooth paste, Nolan a bar of soap and Shelby a loufa. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the costumes made the way I wanted them to, so at the last minute we had to come up with something else. We settled on being the 4 seasons. My only regret it is that I didn't have a cd of Four Seasons music to play during the trunk-or-treat.
In the morning the little "pre-school" group that a few of us were doing, met at my house for a Halloween party. All the kids got to were their costumes and eat a lot of candy.
 |
Nolan and his friends
R to L: Josh and Caleb Sonderager, Emily Odle, Lindsay
and Matthew Blomstedt, and Nolan |
 |
Nolan was Fall and he liked that he got to
have a dirty face. |
 |
I sewed snowflakes on Shelby's dress and
put light blue eye shadow on her face so
she could be Winter |
 |
Ryan go to be Summer so of course he had to
wear a Baseball cap |
 |
| Me as Spring |
 |
| All of us at Trunk-or Treat |
We also somehow were unable to get real pumpkins this year. Apparently there was actually a pumpkin shortage. We had to improvise. Yes, mine is totally the MLB logo. Nolan made the one on the top and Shelby's is the tornado.
 |
| Our jack-o-lanterns |
No comments:
Post a Comment