Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Collection of Randomness and a New Year

Among the other things that happened around the changing of the years, was that we went to the doctor and had the ultrasound done that would tell us how that baby was doing and what gender the baby was.  Nolan and Shelby were excited that they were going to get to see a picture of the baby in mommy's tummy.  They were a little uncertain about the ultrasound room, but once we showed them the pictures, they were excited.  The most exciting news was that we were having a boy.  Nolan was very certain that we were having a boy and the mere suggestion that we might have a girl would cause him to throw a fit.  We asked Nolan what he thought of the name Maddux, and he said it was a good name.  Good thing we got his approval!

Ryan and I have decided that we much prefer to stay home and have a relatively quiet New Years celebration.  For Christmas, we get the tv shows we like on dvd from Pat and Bobbie, so that's what we watch on New Year's Eve.  We also whip up some chili, not homemade because I am just not that good, and some homemade cinnamon rolls.  We also have a veggie platter, some crackers and some summer sausage, topped off with some sparkling cider.  Yum!

Nolan and Cora going to their Sunbeam class
With the changing of the year, Nolan made another leap in growing up.  He became a Sunbeam.  He was sad to leave nursery because he loves Sister Marsh, Darius and Brother Daily.  However, he was excited to be in big kid primary and to have Sister Leal as his new teacher.  It was also very reassuring to him that Cora and Elliot would be in class with him.  I am happy to report that he did really well his first Sunday as a Sunbeam.



Shortly after Nolan graduated from nursery to primary, I got released from primary.  I have to admit that I was not too upset about that.  I had been serving in primary for nearly two years and I was more than ready to start going to Relief Society again.  I did get a new primary calling, but it is as Activity Days leader so I don't have to be in primary on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment